Chilli Cheese Toast:
This is one of my yet another fav toast apart from Texas toast. I've made this n number of times but never cared to take a click. Today I's determined to conduct the photo shoot no matter what comes the way, I mean my kiddo, he loves bread. This toast is such a quick fixer to satisfy ur hunger pangs any time, if u don't have an oven, no problem, Just heat a tawa on medium low flame and toast the bread slowly over low flame for 5 to 10 minutes. Tastes delicious either way..
- Bread Slices - 4 nos.
- Green chilly / Red chilly, fresh - 1 no, de-seeded
- Salt - to taste
- White pepper powder - 2 pinches
- Cheese cubes - 6 nos. (or) any cheese as reqd
- Parmesan Cheese - 1 tbsp, just to sprinkle
- Butter - as needed, @ room temp
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg F.
- Thinly slice the green chilly (or fresh red chilly like thai red chilly) and gather in a small bowl.
- Add the cheese cubes, salt, white pepper powder and combine well with a spoon. Slighly mash the cheese if using cubes.
- Slightly butter the bread and top with the cheese spread. Sprinkle little amount of Parmesan cheese on top for all bread slices.
- Cover the baking pan with parchment paper and line with the topped breads.
- Bake the bread until the cheese melts and the bread turns slightly crispy, say for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove them from the tray and serve the toast with tomato ketchup.
- Skip adding the fresh green chilly if u planning to make this for kids.
- U may also add very little amount of finely chopped onions/ capsicum/bell pepper for better taste