Pasta (any type)-- 1 1/2 cups
For the Tomato Sauce :
Olive oil -- 1 tsp
Butter -- 2 tsp (optional)
Onion -- 1 no. , medium sized
Tomato -- 6 nos, medium sized
Garlic cloves -- 2 to 3 nos, acc to taste
Green chilly -- 1 no.
freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
Salt -- to taste
Milk -- 1/2 cup
Cheddar cheese -- 1 tbsp ,shredded (optional)
Rosemary -- 1/4 tsp
Dried basil leaves -- 3/4 tsp
Dried chives -- a pinch
** Add fresh mint leaves and coriander leaves if u don't have Italian herbs.
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions and make it ready. (Cook the pasta in hot boiling water with added salt and oil for 6 to 7 minutes and drain the water. Wash the pasta in running tap water and drain the excess water)
- Clean and then dice the tomatoes and reserve the juice. Chop the onion ,garlic finely. Now heat a sauce pan with a tsp of oil and scald the onion followed by garlic ,take care not to burn them.
- Drop in the diced tomatoes and the green chilly (if using) at this stage and stir well. Cover and cook the mixture till the water is gone.
- Now throw in all the herbs (Italian ,ixture or Indian)+ salt + pepper ( if u using instead of green chilly) and give it a stir for 1 minute.
- Switch off the stove and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes. Blend the mixture to get a silky puree and transfer the mixture again to the sauce pan.
- Pour in the 1/2 cup of milk and give the mixture a nice boil. Cover the mixture and let the sauce cook over medium low flame until it gets thickened ,like pouring consistency.
- Finally add the cheese and combine well.
- Heat another kadai with butter and add the pasta. Give them a nice toss and add the creamy tomato sauce all over the pasta and mix well.
- Combine well until everything comes together and the pasta gets coated with the sauce.
- Now ur yummylicious pasta is ready to serve.
- Addition of green chilly really brings out some MILD peppery flavour since I've added only one, that too , a small green chilly
- Whole milk /2 % anything can be used.
- I din't add fresh cream /whipping cream to make the pasta rich but instead I've added a tbsp of cheese.
- This pasta was really really tasty and U can add mint leaves /Coriander leaves if u don have Italian seasoning but then the colour would change.
- Serving idea : Place the pasta in a plate and pour the hot tomato sauce all over and serve with a tsp of butter and few sprinkles of dried basil leaves on top.