For the Kofta :
Cabbage --finely shredded -- 1 1/2 cups
Turmeric powder -- 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder -- 1/2 tsp
Besan flour -- 4 tbsp
Corn flour -- 1 tbsp
Paneer -- shredded -- 1/4 cup (optional)
Salt -- to taste
Coriander leaves -- 1 tbsp
Amchur powder -- a pinch
To Grind :
Tomatoes --4 nos. (medium)
Onion -- 1 no.(medium)
Green chillies -- 2 to 3 nos.
Ginger -- 1/4 in piece
Masala ingredients for the gravy :
Turmeric powder -- a pinch
Oil -- 2 tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder -- 1/4 tsp
Kasoori methi -- crushed, 1/2 tbsp
Coriander powder -- 1 tsp
Cumin powder -- 1/4 tsp
Honey -- 1 1/2 tsp
Evaporated milk /milk / half n half -- 1/3 cup, (optional )
- Add salt to the almost minced cabbage and leave it aside for a minute or so. Squeeze out the excess water (reserve it for making roti's /gravies) and add the besan flour lil by lil until u use the measurements given.
- Now add the turmeric, red chilli , amchur powder and mix well.Finally add the paneer,coriander leaves and combine with the dough.Add the corn flour only when they are ready to get fried /baked / shallow fried.
- Here I've used Appam maker to have a healthier version . U can also deep fry the kofta's . Pinch small amount of dough and form a small ball. Smear each pith of the appam maker with oil and fill it with the balls and cook until turn golden brown on both the sides. Transfer them and place it on a plate. Let's move on to make the gravy now..
- First grind the items given in the separate table to a fine paste.
- Heat a kadai with little bit of oil and transfer the ground paste. Let the paste be simmering over medium low heat for 5 to 7 minutes. So that the raw smell of the veggie's get disappeared and the oil starts coming out.
- Now add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder (one by one), kasoori methi and combine well.
- Let the gravy be in the heat for another couple of minutes . Finally add the milk ( if u prefer ) and cook for another few minutes. Drizzle the honey just before switching off the stove and remaove from the hot stove. Mix well . ( u may add skip adding the milk and direcly add honey and serve with kofta's..)
- Place the kofta's on the serving dish and pour the gravy on top of it and serve .
- U can make this guilt free ,only if u bake the kofta's ,else, shallow fried and when u skip adding half n half.
- Gravy without milk also tastes good .
- I forgot to finely shred the cabbage but that also yielded me a good result ,means, kofta's were thoroughly cooked.
- Add half a cup of water to the gravy if skipping milk and give a boil.