There's always something wrong after coming here , it's either no access to the internet or loss of information. This time, totally different, my laptop (again!) fails to get started and there goes all my work. Yeah, all my pics, bunches of finished album got trapped inside the hard disk of my laptop. And , no way, in this weather am gonna retrieve it soon , at least not for 2 weeks.So, am just simply clicking all new dishes , if I make any. Last week, I've tried many dishes but I din't take pics as I'm also experiencing a lit bit of starting trouble, sssss it really happens if u stay out of touch from blogging. This is just a plain dhal tastes great with roti's and rice.. Check it out guys.
- Cabbage -- shredded-- 1cup
- Thuvar Dhal -- 1/2 cup
- Tomato -- 1/2 no, cubed
- Green chilly -- 1 no. , slit -open (optional)
- Ginger -- 1/2 tsp , finely minced /crushed
- Garam masala powder -- 1/3 tsp
- Turmeric powder -- a big pinch
- Salt -- to taste
- Red chilli powder -- 1/4 tsp
- Hing -- < 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves -- 2 tsp, chopped
- To temper :
- Ghee /oil -- 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds -- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves -- a sprig
- Pepper -- pounded , 2 pinches (optional)
- Cook the thuvar dhal with cabbage, hing, green chilly, ginger and tomato till they fall part , might take 4 to 5 whistles.
- Heat a kadai with ghee /oil and do the seasoning with mustard seeds, curry leaves, add the crushed pepper and fry for 30 secs till they finished popping.
- Remove the kadai from the heat /flame and add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix them well in the hot oil /ghee.
- Pour in the cooked cabbage dhal mixture to the seasoning and combine well. Cook for a minute.
- Finally add the garam masala powder and give them a rapid boil. Switch off n garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice / roti's.