Adapted from : Saras's Kitchen
All purpose flour -- 1 cup
Yoghurt -- 1 tbsp
Corn flour -- 2 tsp
Sugar -- 1 tsp
Salt -- a pinch
Oil -- 1 tsp
Yeast --1 tsp (rapid rise yeast)
Warm water -- 3/4 cup
For syrup :Sugar -- 1 1/4 to 11/2 cups
Cardamom powder -- a pinch
Saffron -- 2 to 3 strands
Water -- 1 cup
Lemon juice -- 1 tsp
- In a mixing bowl combine all purpose flour,corn flour, yeast, salt,sugar, yoghurt and oil with warm water and mix well, without any lumps. Cover the bowl with a cling film and keep the contents in a warm place for 30 mts, else preheat the microwave to 1 minute and keep the bowl inside the microwave for 30 minutes. By the time, the batter would be doubled.
- Prepare the syrup by mixing the sugar with water and stir till it dissolves. Just bring the sryup to a boil and turn the heat to the lowest available setting in ur stove. U may check the temperature of the syrup with a candy thermometer also, range is 200 F /95 C . Add the cardamom powder, saffron strands, lemon juice to the syrup while simmering and mix well.
- Heat the oil until it's hot ,not smoking hot though . In the meantime, transfer the batter into a piping bag / ziplog bag with a hole in the center / ketchup bottle and make it ready.
- Squeeze the batter into the hot oil in circles and fry them both sides till they get completely cooked. Drain the jalebi's and dunk the jalebi's in syrup for a minute and transfer to a plate.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining batter and serve warm with rabdi / eat as such..
Sending this to BOOKMARKED EVENT happening @ Priya n Aipi's space.
Sending this to MMK -Indian mithai mela also.
Happy eating guys,