But, asusual, there was lots of butter and heavy cream. So what I did was, I almost skipped /reduced most of the ingredients mentioned and the end product , to my surprise, tasted good /great...
Slightly adapted from : Giada De Laurentiis
Salt, Pepper -- to taste
Butter -- 1 tsp
All purpose flour -- 2 tsp
Milk -- 3/4 - 1 cup ( 2 %) ( depends how thick u want )
Parmesan cheese -- to garnish (optional, I din't use )
- Remove the outer husk, just a bit ( without actually peel it ) to remove the fine silk threads and wrap the husk back around the corn ear. U may soak this corn in cold water for 10 minutes and pat dry. Grill along with the husks for 12 to 15 mts / until tender , turning sides.
- Let them cool for few minutes and remove the husks ,scrape out the kernels. Melt the butter over medium heat and add the grilled corn. Season with pepper and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour evenly over the corn and mix well for another minute. Pour the milk and stir carefully for few minutes, say 2 minutes,by the time, the mixture will be thickened.
- Remove the heat and cool the creamed corn for a minute. Using a blender finely grind the mixture and again pour back to the sauce pan. Simmer for 2 minutes and garnish with Parmesan cheese ( optional ) on top and serve..
- U may add ur own seasoning i.e. Indian Seasonings to get a Indo American flavour .
- Blend only half the cream corn and mix the remaining corn mixture with the pureed cream corn to get some texture..
- I din't add any cheese and avoided adding whipping cream, instead used 2 % milk on the whole.
Sending this entry to Bookmarked event hosting by Priya n Aipi
Happy eating guys,