Adapted from : Beth Sigworth on All Recipes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups and 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, egg and the vanilla.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Chill the dough and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Mix the tablespooon of sugar with the cinnamon and mix well in a bowl.
- Later, take the dough from the refrigerator and scoop an inch glob of dough and form a round ball and roll the ball slightly in the cinnamon mixture.
- Place the ball in the cookie sheet leaving 2 inch space apart from each other and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. ,until just set but not a hard cookie..
- Remove the cookies from the pan immediately and cool those on the wire racks.
- I replaced the shortening with oil as I don't carry them in my pantry.
- Do not replace / looking substitute for cream of tartar.
- Take out the cookies once it's just done..Do not wait until they turn golden...( I overdid few of my cookies..)
Happy eating guys,