Ingredients :Chinese noodles -- 8 oz packet
Shredded cabbage -- 1/2 cup
Shredded carrot -- 1/4 cup
Shrimp /Prawn -- 1/4 cup, cleaned
Garlic -- 1 clove , minced
Water -- 1 tbsp
Oil -- 1 1/2 tbsp
Mix together :
Light soy sauce -- 1 tbsp
Sambal / Chilli Paste -- 1/2 tbsp ( acc to taste)
Salt -- to taste
Sugar -- a big pinch
Oyster / Hoisin sauce -- 1 tbsp
Dark Soy sauce -- 1/2 tsp
- Cook the noodles in the boiling water for a minute or so and wash them in the cold water and drain them. Transfer them to a bowl and make sure it's not soggy ( remove if there is any excess water )
- Mix together the sauces given in a small bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the wok with the oil and saute the minced garlic over medium heat. Later throw in the shrimp and make it half cooked.
- Now stir in the shredded cabbage ,carrot for a minute. Add the cooled noodles in the wok and gently coat them with the veggies and the shrimp.
- Pour in the sauce mixture and the water lil by lil and mix well with the noodles over medium low heat . Continue to stir until the noodles are thoroughly mixed and cooked through.. Serve hot with chilli / tomato sauce..
Notes / Suggestions :
- U may add the dark soy sauce if it's not available.
- Add a tsp of vinegar instead.
- U may try the same recipe for chicken noodles as well.
Happy eating guys,