Ingredients :Onion -- 1 no, big
Tomato -- 1 no, small
Potato -- 2 nos, small
Coariander leaves -- 3 stalks
Salt -- to taste
To grind :Red chillies -- 2 nos. ( acc to taste)
Fennel seeds -- 1/2 tsp
Coconut -- 2 tbsp, shredded
Dahlia split/ Pottukadalai -- 1/2 tbsp
Kaskas / Cashews -- 1/2 tsp / 4 nos.
Oil --2 tsp
For seasoning :Cinnamon -- 1 piece
Cardamom -- 1no.
Cloves -- 2 nos.
Fennel seeds -- a big pinch
- Grind the items given to a fine paste and make it ready. Julienne the onion finely and chop the tomato into cubes. Peel the potatoes and chop into bite size pieces.
- Heat a tsp of oil and do the seasoning with the garam masala's + fennel seeds. Fry them for 30 secs over a medium flame. Throw in the sliced onions and scald well in the hot oil for a minute. Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute / until the tomatoes get slightly mushy.
- Add in the chopped potatoes and the wet masala paste,coriander stalks ( chopped ) and add a cup of water. Add the rquired salt and cook for a whistle.
- Serve with idli /dosa /aapam ..
Notes /Suggestions :
- Cook the potatoes soft before adding the wet paste if u prefer cooking in the kadai.
- U may omit the garam masala's and add only the fennel seeds if u r not a fan of spices.
- May also add peas, chick peas ( presoaked ) to the gravy..