Corn Tortillas -- 1 packet , preferably white
Olive oil -- as needed, to brush
Salt -- to season
- Preheat the oven to 400 deg F
- Brush the first tortilla with olive oil on both the sides . Place the next tortilla on top of the first and brush the top most with olive oil. Keep stacking and brushing with olive oil one by one until u finish all the tortillas.
- Cut the tortillas into six wedges, using a knife. Place the wedges one by one, without overlapping, until u cover the space of the baking sheet. ( U may need two baking sheets, else do in batches )
- Sprinkle little bit of salt overall and keep the baking sheets inside the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes / until turn golden brown and crisp. Serve with cheese sauce.
Cheese Sauce :
Ingredients :Milk -- 1/4 cup
Butter -- 1 1/2 tsp
Cornflour / APF -- 1 1/2 tsp ( I used corn flour )
American cheese -- slice -- 2 nos.
Chilli powder -- less than 1/4 tsp
Salt -- to taste
- Bring the milk to room temperature else boil to a slightly warm temperature ( I microwave it for 30 secs)
- Heat a sauce pan with butter and add the flour . Whisk the flour until it is cooked. Now pour in the warm milk and whisk well so that there are no lumps formed.
- Add the cheese slices and bring the heat to low. Throw in the salt and the red chilli powder and cook until the cheese melts and mixed .
- Switch off the heat and transfer the sauce to the serving bowl and serve with chips, nachos..
Also sending this to Kid's delight -- mini bites started by Valli , hosting by Versatile vegetarian Kitchen