While I's breaking my head thinking what to do with mascarpone cheese, I know, thousands of recipes to try with this amazing cheese, yet I's figuring out for some easy breezy dessert that can be made in no time. Then this idea struck me , at first, I wanted to make deep fried ravioli with this stuffing but my wonton wrappers just got expired. Instead tried my hand making sweet, mango puffs. It was subtle yet delicious with cardamom scent throughout... U may try this with ricotto cheese too..
Puff pastry sheet -- 1 full sheet
Mango -- 1medium no., cut into small chunks
Cardamom powder -- a hint
Brown sugar -- 1/2 tbsp
Mascarpone cheese -- 1 1/2 tbsp
Milk -- 2 tbsp , to bind n coat
Method :Prepare the filling :
- In a medium bowl ,mix the mascarpone cheese with the brown sugar and whisk until gets incorporated.
- Stir in the cardamom powder . Finally add the mango chunks and mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 400 deg F
- Thaw the pastry sheets acc to the instructions given back in the package.
- Dust ur working space with lil bit of flour and slightly roll the sheet.
- Cut into equal rectangles / squares ,any shape u wish , and add 2 tsp of filling in each divided sheets.
- Apply the milk on the edges and fold it. Seal the edges perfectly. Finally apply / coat milk on the top of the puff and bake for 12 to 14 mins / until the puff turns golden brown.