Dry Ingredients :
All purpose flour / Maida - 1 3/4cup
Unsweetened cocoa - 3/4cup
Sugar - 2 cups
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1tsp
Wet Ingredients :
Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
Boiling water - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
Eggs - 2
** Used Nutella for icing
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F. Line the cupcake pan with the cupcake covers.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredient oil, milk ,vanilla ,eggs and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes using a mixer. Now add in the hot water and combine well . Now the batter would be very thin.
- Pour in the batter in the respective cupcake liners ( fill them 2/3 rd ) and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Actually I made half the measurement and this would yield 13 to 14 cupcakes depends on the size of the pan.
- My oven took 17 minutes to finish baking 12 cupcakes.
- Better use a toothpick and insert in the middle of the cake when u cross over 15 minutes . If comes sout clean, then ur cake is done. If not, just check for every other minute till it's done.
- I don like frosting in general, so, used nutella for few cupcakes.
Happy eating guys