Plantain -- 2 nos.
Salt -- to taste
Oil -- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder -- 1/4 tsp
For tempering :
Oil -- as needed
Hing -- a pinch
Mustard seeds -- 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves -- a sprig
Urad dal -- 1/4 tsp
To grind :
Onion -- 1/4 cup
Garlic -- 2 cloves
Fennel seeds -- 1 tsp
Dry red chillies -- 3 nos. ( acc to taste )
Corn flour / Rice flour / Besan flour -- 2 tsp ( any flour of ur choice ) (optional)
- Peel the skin of the plantain and half boil along with turmeric powder , salt and oil.
- Meanwhile , grind the items given to a fine paste adding very little water.
- Heat a pan adding oil and pour in the ground paste. Stir the paste over medium flame and arrange the half boiled slices on the top of the masala. Slow cook the plantain for 3 minutes on one side / until it turns golden brown and flip to the next side.
- Again slow cook the plantain till it turns crispy and cooked and the raw smell disappears.
- Seperately heat another pan adding oil and do the tempering in the folllowing order -- hing , mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add the seasoning masala's on the plantain and combine well. Serve with rice.
- Adding flour in the masala is totally optional. I like adding besan flour , U may add rice / Corn flour to make the fry extra crsipy.
- Seasoning is also optional.