Ajwain roti :
Atta / whole wheat flour -- 1 cup
Ajwain -- 1/3 tsp
Oil -- 1 tsp
Salt -- to taste
Curd / Yoghurt -- 1 tbsp ,plain
Water / milk -- to form a dough
Oil -- 1/2 tsp
- Take the atta flour in a mixing bowl and add everything one by one except water / milk.
- Combine and form a well in the center.
- Add water / milk slowly and mix well with the flour . Better make a soft, supple dough. Apply the half a tsp (1/2 tsp ) of oil on the dough .
- Rest the dough covered with moist cotton cloth for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal parts and roll out to an 1/4 in thickness.
- Fry the roti's in a heated tava on both sides until they turn light golden brown on both sides and serve hot with curry of ur choice.
Paneer Butter Masala :
Paneer -- 150 gms
Butter -- 2 tbsp
Cinnamon -- 1 in piece
Cloves -- 2 nos.
Cardamom -- 1 no.
Onion -- 1 big, grated / very finely chopped
Tomatoes -- 2 nos. , blanched and pureed
Fresh cream -- 2 tbsp
Milk -- 1/3 cup
Honey -- 1 1/2 tsp
Salt -- to taste
GG paste -- 1 tsp
Kasoori methi leaves -- 1 tsp ,dried and crushed
Red chilli powder -- 1 tsp
Coriander powder -- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder / food colour -- a pinch
- Cut the paneer into cubes and soak them in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the whole spices. Later add the fine chopped onion and fry until turns light golden.
- Dump in the GG paste and fry for a minute. we don want the raw smell of the GG paste in our curry. Now pour in thetomato puree over meium low heat and mix well. Cover and continue to cook until everything comes together and slightly oozes out oil.
- Now add the red chilli powder ,turmeric powder / food colour , coriander powder , ( I also add cumin powder , u may also add if u like the flavour ) ,salt and combine well with the masala.
- Again cover and cook until the masala powder blends well with the butter masala.
- Now add the paneer cubes which is already soaked in hot water and scald well with the masala. Add the milk and mix well. U may also add water if the mixture is too thick, but no such that makes the curry watery.
- Continue to cook covered for 3 minutes and then addthe crushed kasoori methi leaves and honey and mix well.
- Finally add the fresh cream ,stir to mix well And remove from the stove.
Happy eating guys,