To make paneer:
Milk -- 4 cups (luckily i had 2% milk) u can use whole milk too
Lemon juice -- 2 tbsp (mixed with 1/4 cup of water)
- Bring 4 cups of milk to boil in medium heat and add the lime juice slowly.
- At this stage the milk will start to curdle and the whey will float on the top.
- Keep stirring it for 3 to 4 mts.Now drain this into a cheese cloth placed in a colander.Squeeze out as much water as u can(leaving little bit moisture so that our paneer won't b dry).
- Taking out the water is the primary key for making good paneer.
- Hang the cheese cloth on ur tap for half an hour or u can place a weight on ur cheese cloth just like I did.
- Once it is drained remove the paneer and place it on a dry surface and knead for 5 to 6 minutes until paneer becomes a soft dough. U may also grind the paneer ,pls look into notes section for details.
- Paneer is ready. Now wrap the paneer tightly using cling wrap and put it inside the refrigerator over night or for atleast 3 to 4 hrs for the paneer to set.
- Take out the paneer from the refrigerator the other day and cut into cubes and store it in the freezer and use as per need.
- Use within a day or two if keeping in the refrigerator and use within that week if keeping in the freezer.
- U may add half a tsp of corn flour/maida to the paneer while kneading for the paneer to hold it's shape.
- Best tip is ,instead of kneading the paneer, add the paneer in the samll mixie jar and whizz it for a cople of times and the mixie at its lowest speed for 4 to 5 seconds till it forms a ball/ mass inside the jar. Add the corn flour/maida along with the paneer itself.